Friday, August 27, 2010

Physical therapy-10 weeks

This morning was another of my post-op appointments, and a fairly momentous one at that.

I am on my final weeks in the walking boot- I start physical therapy as soon as I can make an appointment, and focus mostly on strengthening for four weeks, three times each week. In two weeks, I segue out of the boot in much the same way as I lost the crutches- by pretty much jumping into it and locking my boot in the trunk of my car so I'm not tempted to use it (I finally moved the crutches from the trunk to a closet this week).

I'm thinking trying a sports clinic, because I do plan on starting to ride my bike more and maybe joining my dad in the Hotter 'N Hell bike race next fall in Texas. Doctor said I should be able to start riding my bike minimally before PT's even done.

So I'll let you know how that goes. Doctor says the PT therapist gets free reign over me, so I'll be bullied into good health. :)

EDIT- I went down the list and was able to eliminate most of the PT clinics just by reading them- I'm not a child, I'm not old, I'm not super athletic, I'm not in many of the cities listed and don't care to drive to the suburbs. Of the rest, I narrowed down based on who took my insurance, which is not a common one out here (I'm still on my dad's corporate health insurance plan, which is more of a midwest/east coast one rather than southwest). Then I checked out websites and the least scuzzy looking one was this:

Peak Motion Physical Therapy (http://www.peakmotionpt.com/)
I actually pass this place on my way to the clinic my doctor/surgeon is at, so even though it's not near my apartment, work, or school (which are already in three seperate locations in the city as is), I know what the drive is like and how long it takes. It looks fine- it has a lot of windows, which I really like. I start on Wednesday at 2 p.m. (after works gets off at 12:30 and before school at 4 p.m. Yeesh.)

No comments:

Post a Comment