Saturday, September 11, 2010

Week 12 Part 2

It's been an interesting week. I somehow ended up with so much to do that I only went to class two days (since Monday was Labor Day and Fridays I don't have classes). Most of the sudden onslaught of business was due to a fire at my apartment complex, in an apartment not too far from mine- I got a lot of smoke from it that took days and lots of cleaning to eradicate, however no smoke damage at all. While we were evacuated I took a lot of phone photos. Here is a picture of firemen running towards the smoke:


Also, the part that actually relates to this blog- I'm walking in regular shoes, finally! Originally my plan had been to wait until yesterday to lose the boot, but I was feeling good after therapy on Thursday and decided to leave it off until I felt like I needed it...and it stayed off! I appear outwardly normal once again! I got new tennis shoes to celebrate, they are super comfy:


Also, my ankle, finally with only a minimal amount of swelling- this is right after this morning's p.t. session. The guy who I've worked with most consistently is apparently impressed with the speed I'm improving at, especially in regards to my range of motion.
That lump is partially swelling but mostly ankle. And yes, those are Christmas socks with penguins and snowflakes. :)


I still have 2-3 weeks of p.t. and an Oct. 1 doctor's appointment and then I believe I'm more or less done with all of this! How exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment