Saturday, July 17, 2010

Graphic scar photos

After two good washings I've decided to post photos of the scar/all of my foot after all. It's kind of nasty but not the worst thing on the internet, so if discolored swollen feet or scars are not your thing, don't look. If you do then go ahead.

The scar's longer than the usual because the whole tendon had to be examined- I messed that sucker up. The surgery (29 days ago, to recap), ultimately involved deepening the groove the tendons sit in, fixing a tear, and two grafts onto frayed parts. Below, a closeup:

Not sure why the sutures left such distinct marks. The wrinkly look to my skin is from the Ace bandage wrap, my skin is not naturally like that.
And below, I model my trusty walking boot (with the amazing velcro-ended Ace wrap underneath it), which does still have the hospital sticker on the side. I'm very happy to wear pants again.

So there. Pain is minimal, and skin healing is going about average. The swelling was down a little today, which is probably a good sign. In a month when I'm supposed to start walking again I should be as good as new!

Also- I went back through my blog and added photos, such as of my doctor, my assortment of various casts, etc., so please go see!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I have the exact same boot! My scar also looks just like yours, complete with the little pointmarks on both sides! lol We should start a club.. hahahha

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to think of them as polka dots. :)

    ReplyDelete