Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Likely Final Post

I think I'm done with this blog after this post. I've "graduated" from the podiatrist, can reliably walk, and only need to use a brace part of the time. It's been seven months since the surgery and six years since the original injury that began all this.

The nerve damage is permanent- I was informed that there are steriod shots available to hopefully make the feeling come back, but I'm not nearly annoyed or in pain enough to consider that. The damage isn't in a vital area so for now I'm fine with working around it.

Although I'm not quite back up to how I was before, I'm well on my way. I can work out in a gym with few or no problems and still be able to walk the next day. Still can't jump or run, but that will hopefully return with time. Uneven surfaces aren't a problem anymore, though I still try to avoid them unless I have my brace on.

Hopefully this blog helps anyone debating or recovering from peroneal tendon surgery now that my adventure with this is over. It's time for me to move on to other things now. Best of luck to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment