Saturday, February 26, 2011

Final post

I was sort of reminded by a friend's blog post that I hadn't taken photos of my feet in awhile, so here is my ankle this morning so you can see what it's looking like a little over eight months post-surgery.

It's still noticable in real life (photos have a way of not focusing on scars), but isn't garish. I have to wear tennis shoes a lot but I can wear my Clarks Mary Janes (not what they call them) a lot more as well without issues. I like the scar, it makes me look like something exciting happened to me.

I've been hitting the gym about 45 minutes/week for the last month, and as I iron out problems that arise from ankle durability I'll increase that. My goal is to get down to a size 14 pants by my college graduation (May 14), I gained almost 15 pounds in the last year while all this was happening. Mostly I'm accomplishing this through the stationary bike and the treadmill. I'm not sure if I've dropped any weight yet but I've stopped gaining it.

So this is the final post for real this time, and I hope it's been helpful. If you're going through this or about to start, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment