Saturday, January 15, 2011

Quick, small update

I go to the podiatrist on the 27th, but first I'm going to recap all that's up, six months later.

First, this is a cold weather injury. I wish it wasn't because I don't like wearing a brace all the time, but there you go. When my foot/ankle isn't cold it doesn't hurt and isn't so wimpy.

Second, my nerve damage has expanded to my little toe over the last few weeks, which is now kind of tingly but not yet numb. The numbness hasn't expanded toward my ankle so I suppose that's good. But the tingly toe thing is not cool, and I'm still not thrilled to have nerve damage to begin with.

Third, I can visibly see much of the bulge of my ankle bone most of the time. The swelling doesn't happen anymore, and the contours of my right ankle almost match up with my left again. This is good. The only real visible difference is the big scar running across it.

And finally, although I am fully capable of walking and being on my feet all day and jogging across the street so I don't get hit by anything, I still cannot jog any further than across a street, run, skip, jump (this one I unintentionally did over Christmas to get a balloon off the ceiling. STUPID IDEA.), do cardio on the bike, or get up from sitting on the ground with my weight on that foot. So there's a lot of progress still.

2 comments:

  1. Madison just checked your blog for the first time in awhile. Whats the nerve damage from? Is it getting better or worse?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nerve damage from the surgery. I started feeling it while still in the cast (I'm pretty sure I complained about it one of the early blogs). It's not necessarily worse- sometimes it takes awhile to fully show up so I think that's what's happening- but essentially along the top edge of my right foot from a little in front of my ankle all the way to my little toe is either tingly or numb. It doesn't hurt, but it's really disconcerting to not feel things.

    ReplyDelete