Tuesday, June 22, 2010

More on the Surgery

It occurrs to me now that I did not tell you what they actually did in my surgery. I had a tear in one of the tendons- not sure which one- that got fixed, as well as several kind of frayed stretched spots that if left unfixed would have eventually snapped (gross mental image). Since the tendons kept dislocating the other thing they had to do was sort of dremmel a deeper groove into the bone around my ankle so the tendon would sit properly. The surgery itself, I am told- because I was unconscious at the time- took an hour longer than it was supposed to, or about 2 1/2 hours total.

Good to know- don't freak out if your toes are orange. It's the sanitizer they use on the surgery site before they start cutting. I had thought I was dying until they explained that to me.

Also good to know- The vehicle ride home- if it's possible to find a sedan or something like that, where you don't have to climb up to get in and can sit the length of the backseat, that would be great. I had my dad and his F150 extended cab man-truck, which was interesting to climb in and out of while somewhat anesthetized, even with help.

No comments:

Post a Comment